Cincinnati DUI Attorney
Ohio Drunk Driving Laws
The state of Ohio takes a tough stance on driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs (DUI). If you or someone you love has been arrested and charged with DUI, state-imposed penalties can have a significant impact on your finances, freedom, and future. With so much on the line, the need for proven legal representation and a solid defense strategy is critical to helping you protect your rights and pursue the most positive resolution possible.
With decades of experience in the field of criminal defense and DUI law, L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC has earned a reputation for our ability to effectively protect the rights of clients facing even the most serious allegations. Whether it’s a first-time offense, a DUI/OVI with a prior conviction, or a felony case involving aggravating circumstances, our team stands ready to provide the support and guidance you need during these difficult times.
DUI/OVI Cases We Handle
Our legal team leverages extensive experience and insight to handle all types of DUI cases, including:
- First DUI & multiple DUI
- Underage DUI
- Marijuana DUI/DUI drugs
- Felony DUI (including DUI causing injury or death)
- License suspension and administrative hearings
- Chemical test refusals
Ohio OVI Penalties
In Ohio, the penalties you may face for conviction of DUI include:
- Hefty fines
- Time in jail
- Installation of IID (ignition interlock device)
- Suspension of license
- Alcohol / drug treatment
- Community service
First-Offense DUI Penalties in OH
First-time DUI offenders in OH will be penalized with:
- Up to $1,000 in fines
- Up to a 90-day license suspension (one-year suspension for refusing to take chemical test)
- Up to three days in jail
Aggravating Factors for DUI in Ohio
Those penalties can be significantly elevated in cases involved “aggravating circumstances” or felony allegations, such as:
- High BAC levels
- Having a child passenger in the vehicle
- Causing accidents and injuries
- Driving on a suspended license
Our Cincinnati DUI attorneys explore all available strategies when defending against these penalties, from evaluating the protocol of arresting officers and admissibility of evidence to pursuing dismissals, charge and penalty reductions, and alternative sentencing options. Our attorneys also represent clients when protecting their driving privileges during administrative proceedings with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV).
Ohio DUI Defense Backed by Experience & Expertise
Our firm is led by Attorney L. Patrick Mulligan, a nationally recognized criminal and DUI attorney in Cincinnati, OH who has become known for his diligent and dedicated approach to defending clients.
Here are a few of his distinctions that have helped set our firm apart:
- Attorney Mulligan began his legal career as a former prosecutor with the Montgomery County Prosecutor’s office. His insight of the “other side” shapes our approach when negotiating on behalf of clients and attacking the government’s case.
- As a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Attorney Mulligan is one of just 24 practicing attorneys in the state of Ohio recognized by the NBTA for his expert knowledge in criminal law.
- With a record of proven results in all types of misdemeanor, felony, federal, and DUI cases, Attorney Mulligan has been named among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and is continually included in the prestigious Ohio Super Lawyers® list.
- As a long-standing member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), Attorney Mulligan stays apprised of the latest laws, legal trends, and case law involving DUI crimes, enforcement, and prosecution.
Have Your Case Reviewed by a Skilled Cincinnati DUI Attorney
Time is a critical factor in defending against DUI allegations, which is why our Cincinnati DUI defense team at L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC is available 24/7 to help when it matters most. During a free case evaluation, you can learn more about the charges and penalties involved in your case and discuss what our firm can do to guide you through the process ahead.
Contact our Cincinnati DUI lawyers today to get started: (937) 685-7006.