Drug Possession Attorney Dayton, OH
Legal Representation for Possession Charges in Dayton & Cincinnati
Getting arrested with drug possession in Ohio can be a frightening experience, no matter what type of substance you had. If this is your first time facing criminal charges, it is imperative to obtain experienced and skilled legal service from a qualified criminal defense lawyer.
Our Dayton drug possession attorneys at L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC are committed to helping you obtain the most favorable outcome possible. We can thoroughly review your case and determine all of your available legal options in order to either get your charges reduced or your case dismissed entirely. Let us protect your rights, reputation, and freedom immediately.
Call (937) 685-7006 to speak with our Dayton drug possession lawyers today.
Ohio Drug Schedules
The federal government classifies illegal drugs and controlled substances by “schedule.” This classification system is used to determine the severity of an offense and the possible sentence an offender may face. Ohio follows these same schedules, while making minor adjustments.
The following is a breakdown of the Ohio drug classification system:
- Schedule I – Substances that are considered the most dangers, have a high risk of addiction or dependency, and no legitimate medical use. Drugs include Heroin, LSD, GHB, ecstasy, and marijuana.
- Schedule II – Substances that have a high risk of abuse, but may have legitimate medical use. Drugs include cocaine, opium, methamphetamines, methadone, and amphetamines.
- Schedule III – Substances that are slightly less dangerous than Schedule II drugs, but still have a moderate risk of abuse. Drugs include codeine, hydrocodone, testosterone, anabolic steroids, ketamine, and some depressants.
- Schedule IV – Substances with a slight risk of addiction and dependency, as well as acceptable medical uses. Drugs include sedatives, clonazepam, and some tranquilizers.
- Schedule V – Substances with very low risk of dependency, such as over-the-counter medication containing Codeine.
In Ohio, the penalties for each drug is categorized under a “bulk amount.” Each substance has a different bulk amount that determines the charge and potential sentence.
50+ Years of Combined Experience on Your Side
At L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC, we can investigate your arrest and collect evidence necessary to develop an effective and personalized defense strategy just for you. With more than five decades of combined experience, our Dayton drug possession lawyers has a comprehensive understanding of Ohio law to help you navigate through the complexities of the legal system. Do not hesitate to get qualified legal help today.
Contact us and request a free consultation with our Dayton drug possession attorneys by calling (937) 685-7006.
L. Patrick Mulligan & AssociatesA Team You Can Trust
- L. Patrick Mulligan, Esq.
- Brad Moermond
- Lindsay Arway
- Timothy Saunders
L. Patrick Mulligan, Esq. L. Patrick Mulligan, Esq.
Brad Moermond Brad Moermond
Lindsay Arway Lindsay Arway
Timothy Saunders Timothy Saunders