Family Law Attorneys Dayton
Helping Clients with Family Matters in Southwest Ohio
At L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC, our Dayton family lawyers care about families and their futures. Our team is here to assist clients in need of compassionate and seasoned representation during some of the most emotionally draining, family law-related situations. When children are involved, we understand additional stresses can be placed on an entire family, and that is why we are here to offer our full support and legal advocacy.
Family Law Matters We Handle
No matter your case, our Dayton family lawyers can utilize our extensive range of skills and knowledge to protect the rights of you and your family members.
Our team has experience in various areas of family law and can assist you with the following:
- Divorce: A divorce is the legal way to end a marriage, with various matters, such as child custody and property division, being settled through a court order. Several steps are involved in the divorce process, including filing a petition, providing grounds, serving the other spouse, and resolving divorce-related issues.
- Child Visitation: When a child’s parents are not together, it can be difficult to decide on a schedule that provides parents time to spend with their child and strengthen the parent-child relationship. Unwed or divorced parents have the right to child visitation and can take legal action to ensure that those rights are upheld.
- Child Custody: Child custody concerns the rights and responsibilities of each parent to make decisions in their child’s life. In some cases, a judge may grant sole custody, where one parent primarily has decision-making authority and the other parent is awarded parenting time. In others, joint custody may be granted, where both parents share rights and responsibilities. The court will approve custody based on what’s in the best interest of the child.
- Child Support: In Ohio, both parents are required to financially support their child or children. This obligation helps ensure that the child’s basic needs are taken care of. If the parents are not together, one may be ordered to pay the other child support to meet their financial obligations. The amount of child support is based on the state’s guidelines, which take into account various factors such as each parent’s income and the number of children.
- Spousal Support/Alimony: During a marriage, spouses may have had unequal income. Upon a divorce and after the division of property, the higher-earning spouse may be ordered to pay the lower-earning spouse support, allowing them to maintain their livelihood. The court will consider various factors when deciding, including the duration of the marriage, each spouse’s physical health, and the standard of living during the marriage.
- Legal Separation: A legal separation does not end a marriage. Instead, it allows the couple to remain married but live separately and establish arrangements for various issues, including spousal support, child custody, child support, and property division.
Why It Is Important to Secure Legal Advocacy
Although many believe family law-related issues can be handled without the assistance of an experienced family law attorney in Dayton, it is always best practice to contact legal representation as soon as conflict arises. In most cases, various parties involved, such as grandparents, spouses, children, and others, creating a greater potential for complicated issues to arise.
A skilled Dayton family law attorney can help:
- Recover the assets that are rightfully yours.
- Your children receive the support they need.
- Seek appropriate division of property.
- Identify false claims that can jeopardize your rights as a parent.
- You live comfortably and safely after a separation or divorce.
Why Choose L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC
Our team of Dayton family law attorneys is equipped with more than five decades of combined legal experience. When you choose to work with our team, you can rest assured knowing that we can handle any and all complicated legal matters, allowing you and your family to focus on a full emotional recovery. Because we understand these types of issues can be stressful, we can do our best to streamline each process so that you never have to worry. When you need experienced and compassionate representation on your side, call us.
At L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our clients have to say about working with us.
Extremely pleased with L. Patrick Mulligan and Associates. They helped me through every step of the process and worked hard for me. I had a very difficult case that took longer than usual but they never gave up on it. Thank you!- Megan
My husband was forced to defend himself at our home but that put him in jail. I first went with another lawyer, Mike Mills, who took my money and that was it. Feeling hopeless, I contacted Patrick’s team and they didn’t disappoint. Within 3 hours, Patrick was at jail speaking with my husband and a few days later, Patrick had him home. When you call the office, everyone helps you. You are not just another case to them; I know and experienced it. They are a team you want to be on your family’s side! Thank you Patrick and Laura and team - you are the best, thank you!- Jackson
My family and I have used Patrick for different cases. A child custody as well as DUI. Initially you may feel scared and want to keep calling but in the end he has always proven that he is the best of the best. When he walks in, all the fear melts away and he comes out swinging. He knows what he's doing. Child custody WON! DUI best possible outcome! I wouldn't hire anyone but him. I highly recommend! Thanks Mr. Mulligan and staff!- Satisfied Client
I want to personally thank you, Patrick and everyone else who did an amazing job on my cases. I've unfortunately dealt with a lot of attorney's over the years and you guys were the first one's I've ever trusted or felt that you really did what you said you were going to do!! Myself and my family couldn't thank you enough. You helped me with a life changing situation and I'm a better father and son with your help and support.- Brian
Patrick Mulligan took on my case in May 1996 not knowing how things would go. My case being his first Big case. He saved my life. I have still to this day will always remember and be Thankful to him for trusting and believing in me. I was a mother of a daughter 19 months old who as killed by my boyfriend at the time. The state tried to prove me for child endangering and wanting me to serve 18 months in prison. Parick didnt know until that point what he had gotten into . Patrick did everything he could to prove I was a good mother. It was almost a year after my daughters life was taken. We went to trail and I stood on the stand with all my friends and Dr.'s. Patrick worked so hard for me and we won and here I am 15 years later . I found his web site and had to tell my story. Anyone who needs his help he will work as hard as he can for anyone he believs in. I'm so gald to see he is still in Cinti helping people. Thank you Patrick. I will talk to you soon.- Stacy
Patrick Mulligan is one of the few attorney's in Dayton that takes no bullshit I would recommend him to anybody- Justin
Mr. Mulligan made all the difference in my case. Through his yellow page ad, I was able to reach him in the middle of the night, after my ex-wife had me falsely arrested for Domestic Violence Verbal. He was prompt in coming to my assistance. He went out of his way to help reach my family so that they could get me released from holding. He answered all my questions and walked me through the entire process. He was able to get the results I was hoping for at the pre-trial, so that we did not actually have to go through an actual trial. Mr. Mulligan exceeded all my expectations and I would recommend him to anyone who finds themselves in a similar unfortunate situation. He was a Godsend for me.- Mark