Visitation Over 30 Years of Experience Protecting Your Future 
Get Started Today

Child Visitation Lawyer Dayton, OH

Child Visitation Rights Ohio

When it comes to spending time with your children, it’s important that you seek legal help to support your rights. Parents who no longer remain together often have a difficult time agreeing on the best way to split time with their children. Satisfying the wishes and needs of each parent and the children can be extremely challenging. In some circumstances, parents decide to share custody. However, if your ex is granted sole custody, it’s important that you establish visitation rights to preserve your time with your children.

At L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC, our Dayton visitation attorney are passionate about helping parents and families in need of legal help. We have more than 50 years of combined legal experience, and we are dedicated to providing each of our clients with step-by-step legal guidance. We know how confusing and overwhelming child custody issues can be, which is why we’re here to help.

Call our Dayton visitation lawyers at (937) 685-7006 to request a free consultation. We serve clients across Southwest Ohio.

Establishing Parental Rights

If you wish to pursue visitation, you must first establish your parental rights. Mothers inherently have parental rights as biological parents. For fathers, however, parental rights must be established. If the father’s name is written on the child’s birth certificate, or the parents were married at the time the child was born, the father’s parental rights are also protected. However, in any other circumstances, the father must establish his parental rights through a paternity test to confirm that the child is his. Once paternity has been confirmed, the father may then pursue his rights to either visitation or child custody.

Child Visitation Laws in Ohio

Non-custodial parents have a right to spend time with their children on a regular basis through visitation rights. Parents may pursue visitation rights while establishing a parenting plan in the event of divorce or separation, or as an amendment to an existing parenting plan. If the other parent is granted sole custody of your children, you should take action to establish visitation rights through the court.

Our firm can help you with your child custody or visitation issue. If you want to spend more time with your child, we can inform you of your rights and help you build a case to represent your interests in court.

Contact L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC to get started on your family law case today by calling our Dayton visitation lawyers at (937) 685-7006!

Representation with a Passion for Justice

Why Choose L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC?
  • Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
  • Representation in Both State & Federal Courts
  • Experience from Both Sides of the Courtroom
  • Convenient Office Locations in Dayton & Cincinnati