Cincinnati Sex Crime Attorneys
Ohio Laws on Sex Crimes Charges
There is no understating the severity of sex crime charges. As some of the most harshly viewed and severely punished offenses, sex crimes have an overwhelming potential to decimate a person's reputation and impose life-altering penalties. Whether levied by the state of Ohio or the federal government, sex crime allegations demand an immediate, calculated, and insight-driven response. They demand the attention of a proven defense team like L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC.
L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC comprises award-winning Cincinnati sex crime lawyers who are passionate about their role as an important part of the criminal justice system’s checks and balances. We work to protect our clients’ rights, shield them from bias, evaluate and expose any unconstitutional breaches of law, and defend them against what can be devastating penalties and lifelong restrictions. For sex crime cases, such an approach can make all the difference.
Handling State & Federal Sex Crimes in Ohio
Our legal team represents clients facing investigations and allegations at both the state and federal level.
Sex crime cases we handle include but are not limited to:
- Public indecency/voyeurism
- Sexual Battery/sexual assault
- Prostitution and solicitation
- Unlawful sexual conduct with a minor (statutory rape)
- Gross sexual imposition
- Unlawful sexual conduct
- Child pornography
- Computer-related sex crimes (i.e.
What is Considered a State Sex Crime?
Ohio imposes severe penalties in sex crime cases, including lengthy terms of imprisonment. It also classifies convicted individuals into three tiers of sex offenders for the purpose of registration and restrictions. These penalties alone make it crucial that anyone under investigation or facing charges seek the immediate support of skilled Cincinnati sex crime attorneys.
What is Considered a Federal Sex Crime?
Sex crimes prosecuted at the federal level, including offenses involving child pornography, are subject to federal sentencing guidelines that call for harsh and heavy penalties, including long terms of incarceration in a federal prison, federal probation, and mandatory sex offender registration. The federal government has extensive resources at its disposal, and adheres to different rules and procedures than those used in state criminal courts. If you’ve been charged with a federal sex crime, you need a lawyer who has experience in federal courts.
Why Clients Choose L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates
- Our team includes former prosecutors who leverage their insight into the “other side,” and how prosecutors handle serious felony cases
- L. Patrick Mulligan is one of just 24 attorneys in Ohio to be Board Certified as a Criminal Law Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, a distinction that exemplifies his expert knowledge
- We have proven experience handling serious felony sex crime cases in Ohio state courts and federal courts
- Our award-winning attorneys have earned national recognition among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and have been included in the prestigious list of Ohio Super Lawyers®
Call Now for a FREE Case Evaluation
There is nothing to take lightly about investigations or indictments involving sex crimes. They are immensely serious matters, and they pose the potential for lifelong consequences. If you or someone you love has been charged, or if you have been made aware of a pending investigation, you need representation by your side as soon as possible. Trust a team of proven Cincinnati sex crime lawyer to help you navigate the road ahead.
Contact us at (937) 685-7006 for a free case evaluation. L. Patrick Mulligan & Associates, LLC represents clients throughout Cincinnati and in Hamilton, Brown, Allen, Clermont, Warren, Montgomery, and Butler Counties.